- Length: 24.25 inches (61.595 cm/615.95 mm)
- Precious Metal Weight: About 11.195 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: The chain tests for 10-12k yellow gold with very rich, time-earned patina, while the findings and fob are cased or filled.
- Dimensions: This chain measures 24.25 inches overall, from the hinged swivel clip on one end to the very tip of the watch fob on the other end. Excluding the watch fob, the chain measures 22.75" from the hinged swivel clip on one end to the jump ring on the other end that attaches to the fob. This versatile chain may be worn as a standard single-looped 22.75" necklace with the fob dropping ~1.38", OR it may be worn as a 19" y-style necklace with a section of chain + the fob dropping 5.25" (as pictured). The style of the alternatingly interlinked rolo/belcher links renders the chain's silhouette as that of a box, and as such, the width and depth of the chain is 2.95 mm.
- Weight: An extraordinarily impressive 17.41 grams
- Markings: Unmarked
- Era: T his chain is believed to date to sometime between the 1870s and about 1900. It could very well be that it is slightly earlier, though it is very likely not any later.
- Buyer Notes: An exceptionally rare find given all the chain's components and nice antique condition, this piece is as collectible as it is functional, and is as much a glimpse into history as it is wearable into the future. Versatile, elegant and bold, this chain makes a statement alone and is just as lovely within a stack of necklaces.
- Valuation: This chain, excluding its five featured findings (see below in "The Story"), has a minimum market value of $2,120 USD at the time of listing. This is not a written, formal appraisal, but may be helpful when considering a purchase.
A jewelry staple with alluring attention to detail, this antique chain is believed to date to the mid to late Victorian years, and exists as a sultry relic of generations past. The piece’s refined composition is at once geometric and organic, very much harkening to the thoughtfulness of 19th century design, which focused on both the functionality of jewels without sacrificing their immense beauty.
One attribute that makes this antique chain so special and valuable is that its links were each individually hand-formed, hand-wrought, hand-looped and hand-soldered to create the length and craftsmanship we see today. Indeed, every single element has crafted by the very talented hand of an artistisan over a century and a half ago, and constructed link by link, loop by loop and unit by unit to achieve its intricate heirloom quality, fortified by utilitarian strength and timeless appeal. Photos reveal these soldered connections, and exhibit how chains are simply are not made with such hand-rendered skill as they once were.
In suit, the chain retains five findings (outlined and described below) that offer further functionality and character. Most antique chains on the market have long lost their original components and/or have been altered with replacements over the years. Yet this chain is wildly unique in that it has managed to outsmart Father Time and keep every element intact and in place. This is practically unheard of, and elevates this necklace to a tier of collectibility highly sought after these days. Because of these findings, the chain may be donned in multiple fashions, from a standard single-loop necklace to a sexy y-style or lariat look. Charms, keepsakes, other findings or even other chain parts may be added to the rings as desired, ensuring the next caretaker a wholly one of a kind, versatile staple to their jewelry wardrobe.
Please reference the numbered image provided as you consider the following details:
- Hinged/Threaded Swivel Clip: measures 18.10 mm (approx. 0.713") long x 7.03 mm wide. The clip opens and closes via a notched disc that circuits the length of the threaded shank; when the disc is wound to the 'top' of the threaded shank, the clip is unlocked and thus, unfastened. Via a hinged mechanism, it can be opened wide so as to be easily hooked through/onto another ring or to securely hold charms. Once placed as desired, the disc can then be wound to the 'bottom' of the threaded shank and secured in place. The inner diameter of the hinged clip when closed is about 3.20 mm.
- Split Ring: measures 7.85 mm outer diameter and about 5.50 mm inner diameter; this ring is every so slightly torqued as pictured, though this does not affect its usability, integrity, appearance or aesthetic.
- Split Ring: measures 7.85 mm outer diameter and about 5.50 mm inner diameter.
- Jump Ring: measures 7.35 mm outer diameter and about 4.80 mm inner diameter.
- Watch Winder Key Fob: measures 35.15 mm (approx. 1.384") long x 10.45 mm wide and houses a tube-bezel set coral branch of excellent red-orange color that is 0.75 ct by formula per its dimensions and using the specific gravity of coral.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.