- Total Carat Weight: 0.386 ctw, inclusive of all 29 pearls amongst the three stick pins.
- Precious Metal Weight: 1.97 dwt, inclusive of all metal comprising the three stick pins.
- Precious Metal Material: All three stick pins are 14k buttery yellow gold throughout
- Dimensions: The bell stick pin measures 45.96 mm end to end, and its bell-shaped head is 11.70 mm long x 9.10 mm wide x 3.23 mm deep excluding the stem. The foliate stick pin measures 51.70 mm end to end, and its foliate head is 11.46 mm long x 12.50 mm wide x 2.34 mm deep excluding the stem. The ribbon stick pin measures 54.52 mm end to end, and its tri-ribbon head is 11.14 mm long x 11.34 mm wide x 4.09 mm deep excluding the stem.
- Weight: 3.064 total grams, inclusive of all three stick pins.
- Markings: Neither the bell nor ribbon stick pin bears any perceptible markings, though the foliate stick pin is stamped "E.S. 14K" to the reverse, indicating the maker Ehrlich & Sinnock based in Newark, New Jersey. Ehrlich & Sinnock jewelry is considerably rare and exceptionally collectible, as they were at the top of their class in the fluid designs of the Art Nouveau and Edwardian movements, specifically notable for their superb enamel-work of pendants, pins and brooches. A piece of theirs is even featured in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (The MET) in New York City.
- Era: The bell and ribbon stick pins are believed to date to between the 1870s and 1890s, while the foliate stick pin's markings indicate that it dates to between 1909 and 1915.
- Buyer Notes: The foliate and ribbon stick pins both feature enameling, while the bell does not. The enamel shows areas of wear and loss commensurate with these pieces' ages and affection usage over the past 150 years or so, and is to be expected by prospective buyers. All three are adorned with pearls, and are articulated and dimensional. As with most antique stick pins on the market today, these do not come with clutches. Stick pins are often reimagined as charms, earrings, or rings, and in offering this trio as a set, the next caretaker has the opportunity to acquire either an immediate collection/collection-starter OR an opportunity for any jewelry conversion project desired.
- Center Stone Type: Button Pearl
- Center Stone Count: Two (2)
- Center Stone Dimensions & Carat Weight: The larger pearl on the clapper of the bell stick pin measures 2.13 mm and is 0.07 ct by formula. The larger pearl at the center of the ribbon stick pin measures 2.35 mm and is 0.10 ct by formula. Together, these two largest pearls makeup 0.17 ctw.
- Center Stone Shape: Spherical/whole
- Center Stone Color: White to cream with warm to faint silvery orient
- Center Stone Clarity: Very good luster
- Side Stone Type: Seed Pearl
- Side Stone Count: Twenty-seven (27)
- Side Stone DImensions & Carat Weight: All smaller seed pearls between each of the three stick pins measure an average of 1.30 mm and 0.008 ct each. Together, these 27 seed pearls total 0.216 ctw.
- Side Stone Shape: Split/halved
- Side Stone Color: White to cream with warm, near silvery-gray orient
- Side Stone Clarity: Good luster
Offered as an immediate collection of very sweet jewels, these late Victorian and early Edwardian stick pins are 14k buttery, patinaed yellow gold, and boast detailed design-work. They each are encrusted with pearls, a gemstone originally more precious and more expensive than diamonds. Pearls symbolize tears shed over lost love or life, yet are also illustrations of guilelessness and the gift of redemption. Though not originally a matching suite, these pins feel complementary to one another and harbor symbolism in their intricate characteristics:
The bell stick pin depicts a tolling bell, its clapper appearing in motion and its crown topped with a simplified heart-shaped cannon. Decorating the waist of the bell are four rows of seed pearls that taper in number from top to bottom. Bells represent good fortune bestowed and ensured by the angels in heaven, and historically, were given as love tokens. On the other hand, a knelling bell can represent the loss of a loved one, worn as a subtle symbol of grief. Because of the inclusion of the heart cannon atop the bell, this piece's presumed meaning is the goodwill of affection. Thus, this bell is celebratory in nature, a jovial commemoration of a special event, a true love or a glowing combination of the two.
The foliate stick pin depicts a fantastical arrangement of three ivy leaves intersecting an arc of pearls beneath. This design recalls the deeply symbolic emblems of royal heraldry, from which its meaning can be derived alongside other historic semiologies. Within the decorative arts, ivy leaves symbolize the immortal fidelity between friends or lovers, granting it a popular choice for mourning jewelry and tombstones. The image of ivy evokes eternalism (the evergreen identity of ivy), advantage and abundance (the rapidity of ivy's growth and coverage), and devotion (ivy's often heart-shaped leaves). Particularly, the use of exactly *three* ivy leaves is a reference to perfect stability, recalling God in three expressions: the protective father, the supportive son, and the guiding spirit. Their intersecting stems reiterate the bond and synchronicity of the Triune divine. Further enhancing this meaning, the silhouette of the arc symbolizes growth, the two endpoints a reference of two friends or spouses, and the curved line a reminder of a smooth and connected journey-- a part of a whole circle (of life).
The ribbon stick pin depicts a pinwheel-like form made up of three enameled ribbons, each one harmoniously twisted at the center and terminating into a pair of tidy points. A larger button pearl bolsters the billowing ribbons at the core where they meet. This form recalls that of the Latin "Tres Manus" as well as the Isle of Man symbol. "Tres Manus" translates "three hands", and conveys a message along the lines of 'fate in one's hands' or 'fate in God's hands'. In heraldry, the image of three arms (or hands) in this same form represents connected ambition and shared will. Similarly, the Isle of Man symbol also bears this general format, but is comprised of 'running' armored legs, which signify a call to revolution, independence and a tenacious resolve. This tripartite shape also echos the form of the trefoil, an ancient composition thought to, itself, be holy. Being that the shape is formed of dynamic ribbon, a sense of romanticism, whimsy, and femininity is introduced. Its white enameled surface suggests the pride of innocence and the allure of purity.
Each jewel a masterpiece of messages and beauty unto itself, these petite stick pins are as charming in their stories as they are in the craftsmanship. They are smaller in scale yet abundant in personality, and although they did not begin their lives as a suite of three, they somehow feel utterly at home in each other's company.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.