- US Size: Sits at 5.50 on the shop mandrel, though it fits more like a snug 5.125 (5⅛) to 5.25
- Total Carat Weight: 6.41 ct
- Precious Metal Weight: About 1.50 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: 14k rosy, warm and beautifully patinaed yellow gold
- Dimensions: This ring faces up 12.20 mm north to south (width). The foliate shoulders taper from about 10.50 mm at the shoulders to 1.90 mm at the base of the shank. This ring rises about 8.50 mm from the finger.
- Weight: 2.41 grams
- Markings: The interior of the shank is stamped "14k" to indicate the gold content.
- Era: This ring is something of an exciting mystery! Without a doubt, it is vintage, believed to be at least 65 years old or so. Please read "The Story" below for more details. Without knowing this ring's provenance, we cannot determine its definitive age.
- Center Stone Type: Glass (handblown to mimic an earth-mined emerald); technically not paste, as true paste is a lead glass which gives the material the refractivity for which it is known-- i.e. the rainbow-like sparkles of historic clear paste designed to simulate diamonds. Please note the "seed" air bubble in the fourth photograph, which is so small that it is not visible to the naked eye, but reveals the stone's composition as blown and manipulated art glass.
- Center Stone Count: One (1)
- Center Stone Dimensions: 10.28 x 8.00 x 7.85 mm (approximate) as measured within mounting so as to preserve the piece's historic integrity.
- Center Stone Carat Weight: 6.41 ct by formula using the dimensions supplied and per the specific gravity of glass.
- Center Stone Shape: Bullet Cut Cabochon Cut
Center Stone Color: Kelly Green to Apple Green
- Center Stone Clarity: Translucent to semi-transparent with artfully-made cloudy whitish swirls to simulate natural internal inclusions
- Center Stone Notes: The specific gravity of every stone is different, therefore producing different carat weights of gemstones of equal size. If this glass cabochon were actually an emerald, it would be about a 4.7 ct emerald. Likewise, if it were a chrysoprase, it would be 4.6 carats, if it were a sapphire, it would be 7.0 ct, and if it were a diamond, it would be 6.1 ct. This is noted simply as a reference for prospective buyers as they keep in mind the differences between formulaically derived carat weight estimations per any given gemstone.
Reveling in nature-inspired grace, this vintage ring is a statement of color and detail. Boasting a bright, vivid spring green stone set within a bezel setting and framed by four engraved leaves unfurling along the shoulders on both sides. Though stylized, these leaves are designed to be reminiscent of either an ancient Greek kotinos (κότινος), or olive leaf crown or laurel wreath crown. Both symbolize triumph, victory and authority, and are emblems of recognition and pride.
Given that the green gem is a glass simulant cleverly designed to recall the perfect imperfection of earth mined emerald, this stone is meant to be a thoughtful expression of fortune, growth and careful insight. Together, these components tell a story of confidence, championship and earned reward. Being that the ring is designed for ladies, it may be interpreted as jewel of heroines.
This ring is believed to date to the mid 1950s during the height of the Mid Century years, specifically of Scandinavian design, as its composition very meticulously reflects artisan work of this time and region. However, it is very possible that this ring actually predates this window by 40 years or so, and is, indeed, an original Art Nouveau ring dating to around 1910s, and bearing a blend of Nouveau organicism and Arts and Crafts philosophical workmanship. In fact, mastercraft jewelry of the early 1900s is known for a preference for lower-cost materials, including silver and glass.
Though its exact age is unknown and indeterminable, its beauty is undeniable and its symbolism beguiling. A great statement piece that is remarkably stunning for any occasion, this ring is everything collectors look for in vintage jewels.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
- A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
- The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If delinquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
- In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulent activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
Request a layaway plan via email here. Remember to specify your desired item by providing its link, title or SKU/code.