- Total Carat Weight: Professionally estimated by formula to be approximately 0.382 ctw (please see the gemstone breakdown below)
- Precious Metal Weight: 1.10 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: This pin was sold to the shop as being 14k gold, though our shop equipment tests it as 16-18k gold or higher, with a milgrain prong diamond mounting made in platinum
- Weight: A wonderful weight of 1.71 grams
- Dimensions: Overall, this pin measures 67.10 mm long. The gem-encrusted head of the pin is 12.51 mm east to west (width) x 9.51 mm north to south (length) x 4.45 mm back to front (depth).
- Markings: The stem of this pin shows a possible French eagle mark, though it has long lost its definition and is instead polished away from over a century of wear. If, indeed, the mark is a faded eagle mark, it would confirm the piece’s 18k gold materiality and its origin as France. While this mark cannot be verified without a shadow of a doubt, the pin’s design and exquisite detailing do hearken to French craftsmanship and refined sophistication, particularly prominent during the first few decades of the 20th century.
- Era: This piece is believed to date to the early 20th century, sometime between the end of the Edwardian era and the beginning of the Art Deco era, placing it at circa 1900-1920 according to stylistic, faceting and construction research. However, beyond what our years of collecting, dealing, learning and refining our expertise enable us to determine, we cannot ascertain a more precise date range or history than this without knowledge of the piece’s exact provenance.
- Buyer Notes: This piece is a very sweet, very delicate and detailed pin and features a load of lovely gemstones. The stones all show some wear and nibbling commensurate with the pin’s age and affectionate use over the last 100-120 years. As such, prospective buyers are respectfully reminded that they are not purchasing new but investing in a historic heirloom jewel, and should expect existing wear which may be best served by a double-check by their preferred jeweler prior to consistent enjoyment or conversion to another jewelry item. Please be sure to view all photos as they are considered extensions of the written description. Just as much as the pin’s imperfection, the piece’s history, provenance, materiality, stones and design have been factored into the pin’s pricing.
- Center Stone Type: Diamond
- Center Stone Count: Nine (9)
- Center Stone Dimensions: Approximately 1.0 to 1.1 mm each (Measured within setting so as to preserve the piece’s integrity)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: Approximately 0.004 ct each, which totals 0.036 ctw (Professionally estimated by formula per the specific gravity of diamond)
- Center Stone Shape: Modified Rose Cut to Macle Cut
- Center Stone Color: Estimated G-H
- Center Stone Clarity: Estimated VS (clean to the eye and under 10x magnification under a jeweler’s loupe)
- Center Stone Type: Ruby
- Center Stone Count: Eight (8)
- Center Stone Dimensions: Approximately 1.3 to 1.4 mm each (Measured within setting so as to preserve the piece’s integrity)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: Approximately 0.017 ct each, which totals 0.136 ctw (Professionally estimated by formula per the specific gravity of ruby)
- Center Stone Shape: Carré Square Faceted Cut
- Center Stone Color: Estimated intense pinkish red to purplish red
- Center Stone Clarity: Very slightly included under magnification
- Center Stone Note: One end ruby appears to possibly be a lab created ruby that is likely a later replacement, as its clarity and color vary from the other seven when examined under magnification. Some stones are chipped and abraded, as is to be expected of jewelry of this age. Please refer to the photos to assess these characteristics.
- Side Stone Type: Pearl
- Side Stone Count: One (1)
- Side Stone Dimensions: Approximately 3.35 x 3.40 x 2.45 mm (measured within setting so as to preserve the piece’s integrity)
- Side Stone Carat Weight: Approximately 0.21 ct (professionally estimated by formula per the specific gravity of pearl)
- Side Stone Shape: Round button shape
- Side Stone Color: Creamy white
- Side Stone Clarity: Good luster with mild orient
A lovely little jewel hailing from the beginning of the 20th century, this stick pin is fabricated in high karat warm yellow gold and platinum, and boasts a delicate spread of rubies and diamonds all centered around a creamy button pearl. The design is quite notable for its unique blend of characteristics, as it embodies the romance and whimsy of the Edwardian period as well as the strong geometry of the Art Deco period. Even the gemstone cuts exhibit the angles and linearity for which the Deco years are so well known, while its rounded-almond silhouette and pearl form embrace the curvatures of the . Yet, the head of the late 19th century. The pin head sits nearly on its axis, an asymmetrical touch that recalls the organicism of the Nouveau aesthetic which gracefully bled into the early 1900s.
This piece is simple and thoughtful, and exists as a stylized ‘Evil Eye’ motif. The Evil Eye has ancient roots in multiple nations and cultures, and is a spiritual symbol much beloved, collected and revered around the globe. It is said that the relentless glare of the Evil Eye wards off ill will and sickness, misfortune and harm. It is thought to be a tangible shield against malicious metaphysical forces, and is an especially effective insulator of newborns and nursing mothers, protecting the future and its prosperity. This talisman fortifies its wearer with fierce care, creating a lively aura of health and happiness. In suit, diamonds are believed to be emblems of unbeatable strength and earned beauty, while rubies are emblems of passion and wisdom, and pearls are emblems of blamelessness and divine redemption. Together, this trio of gemstones tell a story of prudent courage heartened by godly renewal, a story that weaves right into the purpose of the Evil Eye.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
- A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
- The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If delinquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
- In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulent activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
Request a layaway plan via email here. Remember to specify your desired item by providing its link, title or SKU/code.