- Precious Metal Material: buttery 18k yellow gold head (cross) with 10-12k rose gold stem pin
- Precious Metal Weight: Approximately ~1.36 dwt
- Total Carat Weight: 0.25 ctw (inclusive of all diamonds)
- Dimensions: Overall dimensions are 68.30 north to south (length) x 9.20 east to west (width) x 8.10 rise (depth) including stem pin; the dimensions of the Head (cross) are 11.72 long x 9.20 wide x ~5.50 deep, not including stem pin
- Weight: 2.12 grams
- Markings: This stick pin contains no purity marks or hallmarks, which is not atypical for a piece of this age. However, the piece has been tested for a high karat yellow gold head (cross), over 14k and hovering around 18k, and a 10-12k rose gold stem pin.
- Era: We are estimating that this stick pin dates to the mid Victorian era, sometime between 1860 and 1870 or so. Beyond what our years of collecting, dealing, learning and refining our expertise enable us to determine, we cannot ascertain a more precise date range than this without knowing an exact provenance.
- Buyer Notes: This stick pin is an incredible rarity, with no exact comparables on the open market at the time of research and formal listing. It is truly singular, a delicate homage to faith and history that utterly explodes in rainbow sparkles in the sun. The stones feature the broad, chunky faceting matrix that is characteristic of hand-cut diamonds from this period. Likewise, they each boast a wide open culet at their centers and tall crowns at their tops. These diamonds are wholly desirable, and this pin is quite the collector’s item. A beautiful relic of the 19th century, this stick pin has no comparison is as captivating today as it ever was.
- Center Stone Type: Diamond
- Center Stone Count: One (1)
- Center Stone Dimensions: 2.70 mm x 2.40 mm x 2.20 mm (approximate estimations and measured within mounting so as to preserve the piece’s integrity)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: 0.12 ct (by formula)
- Center Stone Shape: Old Mine Cut (nearly an elongated cushion)
- Center Stone Color: G-H
- Center Stone Clarity: VS1-VS2
- Side Stone Type: Diamond
- Side Stone Count: Five (5)
- Side Stone Dimensions: 1.85 x 1.50 x 1.10 mm; 1.75 x 1.50 x 1.20 mm; 1.70 x 1.55 x 1.10 mm; 1.55 x 1.40 x 1.10 mm; 1.80 x 1.60 x 1.20 mm (approximations from measurements taken from within mounting so as to preserve the piece’s integrity)
- Side Stone Carat Weight: 0.026 ct; 0.027 ct; 0.025 ct; 0.021 ct; 0.030 (correlating to the order of the above dimensions); altogether 0.249 ctw (0.25 ctw)
- Side Stone Shape: Old Mine Cut
- Side Stone Color: G-H
- Side Stone Clarity: VS1-VS2 (only one pale feather visible under 60x-90x magnification; no inclusions present whatsoever to the naked eye due to scale and bright white color)
Crafted by hand during the height of the mid Victorian years, this brooch hails from about the 1860s, and boasts a sparkly load of six Old Mine Cut diamonds. These diamonds were each hand-cut, hand faceted and hand polished well over a century and a half ago, their presence a collapsing time between the contemporary wearer and both the craftsman who brought them to perfection so long ago and the original owner and wearer of this pin. It is very likely that this pin was made for and first belonged to a gentleman of prestige, one who was devout in their faith and possibly even a member of a secretive society such as the Knights Templar.
This pin is styled in the Latin cross form, with six Old Mine Cut diamonds spanning the entire face and rich gold complementing the jewel throughout. The largest Old Mine diamond centers the piece, while the remaining six dazzle on each of the four arms. All the stones are mounted within raised claw prong settings that are sometimes known as ‘buttercup’ mounts.
On the reverse of the cross is a very tiny gold loop mounted horizontally, to which a delicate safety chain would have originally been affixed. While this chain is long gone, so is its practicality, as these pins may easily be held in place with the nominal purchase of a pin cap. Similarly, pins are usually converted to charms, pendants or rings, rendering a safety chain no longer necessary.
The cross motif has, of course, long been a fixture of spiritual jewelry, its meaning dynamic and of immense depth to people of a number of faiths. Crosses are symbols of promise and purpose, a tender reminder of liberating compassion. The cross’ iconic form connotes passion and courage, initiative and action rooted in goodwill, and the blood that built the bridge between the created and the Creator. It communicates the abiding and fruitful life of abundance and reward that may be found in faith, while also an image of passionate loyalty in the security of divine relationship, multiplying abundance in life and conquering the grievous finality of death.
A complement to the meaning of the cross, diamonds are symbols of purity that transcends good or bad deeds, rules and austerity; diamonds are tangible reminders of mystical fortitude and the gift that is spiritual strength. Together the message of the cross and the message of the diamonds convey a blessing of assurance and divine purpose.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.