- US Size: The ring fits right at a 2 ⅞ (2.875) to a 3 (~13.60 mm inner diameter) If the inner band and the additional sizer bar were removed down to only original platinum diamond band, it is estimated to be approximately a US size 6-6.50 (PLEASE be sure to read the written description for more information on the ring’s construction and sizing)
- Total Carat Weight: Professionally estimated by formula to be 0.20 ctw
- Total Precious Metal Weight: 2.48 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: Solid Platinum outer (original) knife edge diamond-set band with 14k white gold inner band and 14k yellow gold hand-set sizer bar (both creative solutions for resizing purposes)
- Dimensions: The diamond-set ring face measures 2.56 mm north to south (width); diamond-set channel spans approximately ~17 mm east to west; diamond-set ring face rises about 2.80 mm from the finger (depth); ring tapers to 1.99 mm north to south (width) and about 3.19 mm rise from the finger (depth) at the base of the shank. These measurements are taken inclusive of/with the inner band + sizer bar.
- Weight: A very nice weight of 3.86 grams
- Markings: Because of the ring’s interesting construction, any original markings on the inside of the platinum portion are no longer visible. The inner white gold band added for resizing purposes has a 14K stamp followed by the Stuller, Inc. “S” logo (Stuller is a professional, members-only jewelry industry supply company). Being that the yellow gold sizer bar is utilitarian only, it bears no markings.
- Era: This band is believed to date to the 1940s -1950s, with the inner white gold band believed to date to sometime in the late 20th-21st century. Beyond what our years of collecting, dealing, learning and refining our expertise enable us to determine, we cannot ascertain a more precise date range or history than this without knowledge of the piece’s exact provenance.
- Buyer Notes: This band is as timeless as they come, as it is clean and simple, with delicate milgraining defining the diamond channel and dainty arrow points that cap both ends. A handsome knife edge crease gives the ring interest from every angle. In light of the ring’s interesting construction add-ons, and the diamonds’ channel setting, any wish to resize ought to be advised by a bench jeweler prior to purchase.
- Center Stone Type: Diamond
- Center Stone Count: Ten (10)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: 0.02 ct ea./0.20 ctw
- Center Stone Dimensions: ~1.70 mm
- Center Stone Shape: Antique Single Cut
- Center Stone Color: H-I
- Center Stone Clarity: VS1-VS2
A lovely retro jewel, this diamond band hails from the 1940s to 1950s, exhibiting the clean geometries of the late Art Deco years and the sleek lines of the 1950s. This band shows a thoughtful design where the elegant milgraining on the ring’s face balances the distinct knife edge quality of the shank. In every way, this ring radiates the classic antique look that pairs so beautifully with contemporary and vintage pieces alike. Its simplicity offers a very dazzling display, and its restrained design is just as remarkable as the ring’s weightiness. For its petite scale, the band’s combination platinum and gold composition is impressively heavy.
This ring is interesting, as its construction reveals the evolution of the ring into the piece we have today. The original iteration of the band is the platinum diamond ring as we see from its exterior, while the next iteration is evidenced to the ring’s interior; the inside of the shank is actually a secondary white gold band, sized to fit just within the original platinum band where it has been carefully fused. Additionally, a 14k yellow gold sizer bar has been affixed inside the inner white gold band, placed at the ring’s base/the back or underside of the finger.
Both the inner white gold band and the added yellow gold sizer bar were added by the former caretakers of this ring, both creative ways to “resize” the band to fit their fingers without actually touching and changing the original band at all. Instead, these two additions preserve the historic integrity of the original platinum portion, while ensuring a precise fit to the finger. Neither is readily noticeable when worn, though it may be possible to have one or both removed. However, any desire to resize the ring and/or alter these existing characteristics should be assessed by a bench jeweler prior to purchase.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
- A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
- The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If delinquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
- In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulent activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
Request a layaway plan via email here. Remember to specify your desired item by providing its link, title or SKU/code.