- US Size: 6.00
- Total Carat Weight: 3.26 ctw, inclusive of all stones present
- Total Precious Metal Weight: 1.83 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: 10k rose gold with a rich, time-earned patina
- Dimensions: 16.43 mm north to south ring face x 16.20 mm east to west ring face; ~8.95 mm rise from the finger (depth); shank is ~1.70 mm wide
- Weight: 2.83 grams
- Markings: The shank’s interior shows a possible presence of now-illegible script that has been polished away from wear over time, followed by “P 71” and then the maker’s mark of “YS” within a rectangular cartouche. Though this maker’s mark is quite clear, when researched, the shop found no known/recorded historic matches. This one is a bit of a mystery!
- Era: Given the setting style, shoulder details, the construction techniques of the mounting, and the stone faceting and proportions, we estimate that the ring dates to between1900 to the 1910s. However, without knowing an exact provenance, we cannot ascertain a more precise date range beyond what our years of collecting, dealing, learning and refining our expertise enables us to determine.
- Buyer Notes: This ring is sweet and elegant, with desirable spread on the finger and a charming, lush color combination. Its stone choice pairing is not unique to statement rings from this era, though this one is singular in its mounting silhouette and attention to detail. It is a true prize of the turn of the century, and no doubt is filled with stories untold.
- Center Stone Type: Jadeite
- Center Stone Count: One (1)
- Center Stone Dimensions: 7.93 x 5.65 x 3.05 mm
- Center Stone Carat Weight: by formula per the specific gravity of jadeite, 1.23 ct
- Center Stone Shape: Oval Cabochon
- Side Stone Type: Cultured Pearl
- Side Stone Count: Two (2)
- Side Stone Dimensions: 5.2 x 4.92 x 4.92 mm and
- 5.12 x 5.09 x 5.09 mm
- Side Stone Carat Weight: 0.96 ct and 1.01 ct, corresponding with measurements above
- Side Stone Shape: Spheroid
- Side Stone Color: Cream, one has pinkish tone and one has pale champagne tone
- Side Stone Clarity: Good luster
- Side Stone Type: Seed Pearl
- Side Stone Count: Ten (10)
- Side Stone Dimensions: On average, 1.10 x 1.10 x 0.70 mm each
- Side Stone Carat Weight: ~0.06 ctw; 0.006 each
- Side Stone Shape: Split Pearl
- Side Stone Color: Cream, slightly gray tone
- Side Stone Clarity: Good luster
An utterly romantic relic of the late Victorian period, this c. 1900 ring features a dynamic trilogy of center stones: one oval cabochon cut glowy-green jadeite is flanked by a pair of individual cultured pearls with wonderful luster. The centermost jadeite is held by four corner prongs, each one with dual claws for added emphasis. The pair of cultured pearl spheroids do not appear to be drilled, very subtly boast their own chromatic pinkish to pale champagne undertones, and are both set with six tapered claw prongs that grip nearly the full height of the gems.
In sweeping fashion on top and bottom, bypass-style arms appear to float offset from one another, each stretch encrusted with five additional shared-prong set seed pearls. A meticulous milgrain perimeter outlines these components to catch and reflect light when in movement, and enhance the ring with quiet elegance. This piece was fabricated in rich rosy gold which has earned a glorious patina in its roughly 120 years of life. This attribute is considered highly desirable by collectors, so has been left unpolished in the exact state in which it was procured; the future caretaker may opt to buff it away or leave it to continue to mature.
As is true with all antique jewels, the stones featured carry hidden messages within them: jadeite is believed to be a healing agent when held correctly, and is therefore also believed to give strength to the physical body. It is also thought to have influence over metaphysical fortification too, as it is seen as a connector with the divine. In many cultures, jadeite is also a talisman for invoking prosperity. Likewise, pearls are believed to be purifying tokens, recalling undeserved grace and spiritual protection. When considered within the context of the ring’s mounting style, the wearer is reminded of the security and favor that this vivid duo presents.
This lovely piece sits relatively low on the finger, its more practical height a reflection of the changing times for women, wherein ladies took up more active roles within society outside of the home, both in leisure and in work. While it is true that this ring would not have been worn during physical exertion, its design gives us an intriguing view into the ring’s original evolving social age. Indeed, this ring would have likely been a gift, possibly for a lady born in March, or for a 35th wedding anniversary. It is an exceptional candidate for a lone-wear statement piece, and yet makes a surprisingly fun stacker too.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.