- US Size: Right between a 7.75 and 8.00
- Total Carat Weight: 0.58 ctw
- Precious Metal Weight: 2.11 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: Platinum face and 14k yellow gold band
- Weight: A very nice 3.28 grams
- Dimensions: 3.45 mm platinum face width (north to south); 2.90 mm yellow gold band width (north to south); ~2.08 mm platinum face depth (rise from the finger); ~1.60 mm yellow gold band depth (rise from the finger)
- Markings: 14K-LP (“LP” is believed to be the maker, though research has not conclusively resolved exactly which jeweler or jewelry house “LP” is); tests for both platinum and 14k yellow gold.
- Era: Estimated to be from the 1930s according to the stylistic character of the ring as well as the diamond faceting system implemented.
- Buyer Notes: This diamond band ring is of exceptional quality and make, an amazing example of late Art Deco design, as mentioned in the description. The platinum face shows one tiny pit that is not visible without extreme magnification (about 60x to 90x needed), as pictured in the macro photos provided. This characteristic does not at all compromise the integrity of the ring whatsoever, and may be mended by your jeweler post-purchase if so desired. The eight diamonds that encrust this band are insanely lovely, with floral-like facets and vividly bright clarity, that face up very crisp white. No carbon inclusions are visible to the eye or even under a 90x loupe. This ring is a classic, a perfect stacker for any collector, and an excellent partner to any engagement ring, contemporary or antique alike.
- Center Stone Type: Diamond
- Center Stone Count: Eight (8)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: 0.58 ctw
- Center Stone Dimensions: 5 diamonds are 2.75 mm; 3 diamonds are 2.50 mm (though varied between these two measurements, these diamonds are beautifully matched and the variance is not noticeable at all).
- Center Stone Shape: Transitional Cut (the GIA classifies this cut as the Circular Brilliant Cut)
- Center Stone Color: G-H
- Center Stone Clarity: VS1-VS2
An elegant staple to any jewelry wardrobe, this diamond band is what is known as a “half-hoop” or “half eternity” ring, wherein only the top-facing portion of the ring is adorned with diamonds. This ring dates to the 1930s, during the last phases of the Art Deco movement, where the strong geometries of the Deco aesthetic mellowed into more fluid shapes and softer silhouettes. In suit, this ring shows Art Deco’s clean lines and right angles, while also displaying a new style of diamond cutting that looks almost daisy-like up close.
This band features a stunning row of bright white, extraordinarily clear Transitional Cut diamonds, whose faceting matrix is beloved for its florally appearance. This style of faceting was only used briefly within jewelry history, and was an interstitial trend at the end of Old European Cuts’ popularity and before the formal development of the Modern Round Brilliant cut. As such, they evidence stylistic characteristics of both the antique and the modern cutting designs; Transitional Cuts showcase open culets at their centers, with proportions right in between those of both the OEC cut and the MRB cut, including a somewhat taller profile yet also a broader table .
These eight high quality diamonds are each bead prong-set, mounted within a lovely platinum face that appears like a channel, with strong north and south edges that delicately define the setting. This platinum and diamond face is accented by a semi-round 14k buttery yellow gold shank, which is as comfortable to wear as it is complementary to a wide variety of other rings. Its dual tonality is unique in that most other rings with mixed colors are typically made with white and yellow gold, but this one is platinum and gold, taking it a step above the market comparables. As well, its two-tone composition means that it pairs quite universally with other rings of any precious metal, within any stack or alongside any other heirloom jewelry. This antique jewel would make an ideal minimalist engagement ring, a timeless wedding band or a one-off stacking ring.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.