- Total Carat Weight: 0.11 ctw
- Precious Metal Weight: 0.84 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: 14-15k & 22-24k yellow gold
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 11.4 x 4.6 mm floral pin head; 51.4 x 11.4 mm overall; 48.2 mm pin length
- Weight: 1.31 grams
- Markings: Maker and metal purity are unmarked; hand-etched on back of the left-most flower with the sequence "59 11 79". Our digital metal tester puts the stem pin at 14-15k yellow gold, and the head of the pin (flower cluster) between 22-24k yellow gold.
- Era: c. 1890-1900 (late Victorian/early Edwardian)
- Buyer Notes: This pin, though in worn condition, is a very fine example of the tediousness of hand craftsmanship around the turn of the century. The enameled head of the pin shows wear commensurate with age and loving use, and the pin stem has been bent over time and is now wavy from attempts to re-straighten it multiple times. It is, by no means, in extraordinary condition, but its delicacy and elegance are no less brilliant. Indeed, its wear is most evident under extreme magnification at 60x or higher, and is NOT as evident to the naked eye and when worn, as the floral pinhead itself measures a very dainty scale. The pin is finely constructed, and the reverse shows a structural ring atop which the flowers have been added. As well, there is a tiny loop at the top of the pin’s backside. This loop would have had an especially fragile safety chain attached, likely 2 inches long, with a ½ inch safety pin on the other end. This would have ensured that the floral stick pin would not fall off the lapel or collar, and would have a backup safety mechanism in place to ‘catch’ the pin should it come loose. These features are obviously long gone, but the top loop remains as evidence of this bit of fashion history.
- Center Stone Type: Diamond
- Center Stone Count: Three (3)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: Approx. 0.11 ctw; individual weights: left stone is 0.033 ct, center stone is 0.045 ct, and right stone is 0.033 ct
- Center Stone Dimensions: from left to right, 2 x 2 x 1.3 mm; 2.2 x 2.1 x 1.5 mm; 1.9 x 2.1 x 1.3 mm.
- Center Stone Shape: Old Mine Cut
- Center Stone Color: H
- Center Stone Clarity: SI1
Made at the end of the Victorian era, this darling stick pin features a fully articulated trio of white blooms, each one with eight petals that swell in their middles and come to a soft point at their ends. These flowers test between 22 and 24 karat gold, with hand-enameled fronts that show the age of pin in its wear. The unpainted backs of these flowers show a deep patina that is quite desirable, especially in pieces of such high karat composition. The solid gold bodies of the petals peek through most, if not all, of the white colorings, a characteristic commensurate with age and use over the past century or so.
Each flower is centered with a nice Old Mine cut diamond; old mines are well loved for their handcut quality, and as such, the imperfect faceting they boast. The present diamonds are each set with five claw prongs, are delicate in size, yet chunky in finish, and have wide open culets that create the ‘circle’ visible at their centers. These stones proudly wear their manual origins, charmingly complimenting the timeworn integrity of the enameled flowers in which they are set.
It is possible that these flowers are stylized representations of daisies, which have long been associated with innocence, young love and fertility, and are given as tokens between long distance lovers as a message of good cheer and sentimental affection. However, real daisies are quite complex flowers, and are actually made up of two rings of petals and are considered two flowers blended into one head in perfect unity.
As such, it could be that the eight petals inform us that these blooms are, in fact, the Bloodroot flower. Bloodroot has a mystical reputation, and is used to create love potions by multiple populations. It is believed to be a key ingredient to compel love and marriage, and it is said to relieve stress, anxiety and depression. Yet, direct contact with the skin can cause rashes, irritation and even scarring. An interesting allusion to the risk of love, perhaps?
Whatever these blooms are meant to be, the fact that they are in a grouping of three is notable because the number three is seen as a complete triune, a perfect balance, and inherently holy. Furthermore, the silhouette of the three flowers and their conclusion in a single curved stem is a clear recollection of a lucky shamrock. Such an allusion is a certain sign of good fortune, sealing these messages of love with a blessing. Victorian jewelry is known for its rich symbolism, and this petite pin is exemplary in the secret contexts it divulges. Although the pin stem itself shows waviness, it is very wearable as it is, since the stem does not show whatsoever when worn. However, it would also make for a marvelous conversion to any other kind of jewelry item.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.