- US Size: Right between a 7.75 and 8.00
- Total Carat Weight: Approx. 2.34 ctw
- Precious Metal Weight: 3.02 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: 18k yellow gold
- Dimensions: 6.7 mm north to south ring face x 21.4 mm east to west ring face (end stone to end stone); ~4.0 mm rise from the finger; band tapers from ~3.8 mm at the shoulders to 1.8 mm at the base of the shank
- Weight: A very weighty 4.7 grams
- Markings: 18CT inside cartouche (hallmarked and tested as such)
- Era: c. 1880-1900 late Victorian/very early Edwardian
- Buyer Notes: This ring is set with emerald simulants (paste), not lab-created emerald. Lab-created gemstones are grown in laboratories under controlled conditions so that their chemical composition is identical to nature-made gems. On the other hand, simulants are made of alternative materials to simulate natural/lab-made gemstones, and therefore, are not composed of an identical chemical composition to their natural counterparts. These green stones are remarkably sparkly in the light, their faceting beautifully catching and reflecting the light. The diamonds very quietly twinkle, as they are quite small and crudely cut. The green simulants evidence 140 or so years of affectionate use, as they show wear at the facet junctions, as pictured. This ring has a nice weight against the finger when worn, is fairly low profile giving it practicality, and pairs well as a band for stacking. It is a relic of the Victorian years, and is no less impressive than its genuine gemstone correlatives. For its simulant status and commensurate wear, the price has been fairly set.
- Center Stone Type: Emerald Simulant (not lab-created emerald) that tests to be paste
- Center Stone Count: Five (5)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: By formula for paste, ~ 2.30 ctw (from end to end: 0.30 ct, 0.52 ct, 0.70 ct, 0.52 ct, 0.26 ct)
- Center Stone Dimensions: From end to end (approximately and in coordination with above carat weights): 4.0 x 3.9 x 2.8 mm, 5.2 x 5.1 x 3.1 mm, 5.6 x 5.8 x 3.4 mm, 5.0 x 4.7 x 3.3 mm, and 4.0 x 3.8 x 2.6 mm.
- Center Stone Shape: Old cut with open culet centers
- Center Stone Color: Kelly green to vibrant olive toned
- Center Stone Clarity: Translucent
- Side Stone Type: Natural Diamond
- Side Stone Count: Eight (8)
- Side Stone Carat Weight: 0.04 ctw; 0.005 ct a.
- Side Stone Dimensions: 1.0 to 1.2 mm ea.
- Side Stone Shape: Modified rough rose cut
- Side Stone Color: Approx. H-K
- Side Stone Clarity: Approx. I1-I2
Crafted during the end of the 19th century era, this ring is a classic Victorian piece, a true staple to any Victorian woman’s jewelry wardrobe. This piece is a five-stone ring featuring a spread of emerald simulant gemstones, each one faceted by hand by an artisan who even included the open culet characteristic of old cut diamonds. These vibrant stones uniquely vary in coloration, each one its own green tone, cleverly mimicking the singularity of color found in natural gemstones created by Mother Nature. The stones graduate and taper in size, with the largest stone in the very center, and are punctuated in between by eight tiny rose cut diamonds. These delicate diamonds boast a soft grayish-white color and very subtly twinkle in the light.
This ring is modeled entirely in 18k yellow gold, giving it a very hefty weight against the finger. The gold is formed in scrolling cymas and swirls along the north and south galleries, giving romantic interest from every angle. Even the shoulders bear fleur-de-lis blooms, a design which references a stylized lily or iris flower. Such a design is a symbol of French royalty, and is also a symbol of the Holy Trinity, of perfect unity and purity. Thus, the fleur-de-lis has become associated with marriage and partnership, of dedicated affection and growth. In tandem with the undulating scrollwork-- which is meant to symbolize the ebbs and flows of the journey of love and life-- this ring divulges deep meaning and love messages to the wearer. Furthermore, emeralds are believed to represent rebirth, fresh starts and romantic hope. Last, it is worth noting that the sum of individual stones totals 13, a number believed exceedingly lucky and bestows good fortune. Such messages suggest that this ring was originally created and gifted as an anniversary or wedding band.
The five-stone ring is iconically Victorian, a jewelry type sought after by collectors. This ring is one of a kind, with incredibly bright emerald simulants that bear intense color and realistic clarity. The simulants’ excellent craftsmanship is exposed in the way that these green stones absolutely explode with light play. Do not let the title ‘simulant’ fool you, as these stones are surprisingly and impressively dazzling! They truly come to life in the light, and are a very smart alternative to the price tag of natural gemstones. A perfect statement piece, an outstanding stacker and a deeply meaningful gift, this piece is wholly unparalleled. Its energized color is as vivacious as it is sublime.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.