- US Size: Between 6.25 and 6.50
- Total Carat Weight: Professionally estimated by formula to be 1.58 ctw
- Total Precious Metal Weight: 3.51 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: 14k white gold
- Dimensions: Overall, this ring jacket measures 18.05 mm at its widest point (largest/centermost marquise diamonds) and rises about 4.80 mm from the finger. The opening between the diamond chevrons measures exactly 6 mm. This means that an engagement ring that measures 6 mm wide will NOT fit within this opening. However, a ring that has a raised stone may fit if the portion that hugs the finger is less than 5.95 mm or so (if you have questions or concerns regarding a possible fit, please message to discuss before purchasing!). The space between the top and bottom shanks (the open split) tapers from 3.50 mm at the shoulders just past the outermost diamonds, to 2.10 mm at the base of the shank. This means that bands with a width of 2 mm and thinner will fit this guard/jacket.
- Weight: A very desirable weight of 5.48 grams
- Markings: The interior of this ring is stamped with “14Kv” with no maker’s mark. It has been tested to confirm its 14 karat gold purity.
- Era: This ring jacket is believed to date to the second half of the 20th century, but could date as late as the 2010s. Beyond what our years of collecting, dealing, learning and refining our expertise enable us to determine, we cannot ascertain a more precise date range or history than this without knowledge of the piece’s exact provenance.
- Buyer Notes: This ring jacket is a brilliant addition to any jewelry stack, and is a perfect partner to an engagement ring for added oomph. Ring jackets are a fun way to upgrade a ring without replacing it, and make for bold anniversary bands as well. The beauty of this style ring is that it may be worn with or without an engagement ring, and likewise, offer a dramatic way to dress up a ring on special occasions. This ring packs a huge punch with a multitude dazzling diamonds of top notch clarity and a kiss of warmth. Prospective buyers, please note that a few diamonds do wiggle just a touch when pressed firmly with the finger. As we advise with all our jewelry, we encourage the next caretaker to have the prongs checked and tightened BEFORE any consistent wear, simply as a security measure. Such responsible maintenance is to be expected of secondhand jewelry no matter its age or type. The price has been fairly set to reflect both this need and its ever so slight off-centeredness, just as much as its excellent weight and superb quality of the diamonds. This band can be adjusted and resized by your jeweler post-purchase, and it can be separated to become two separate diamond contour bands instead of a split shank ring guard/jacket.
- This ring has an average market value of $4775.
- Center Stone Type: Diamond
- Center Stone Count: Eighteen (18)
- Center Stone Dimensions and Carat Weights: Four diamonds are 3.00 mm totaling 0.10 ctw, four diamonds are 3.50 mm totaling 0.28 ctw, four diamonds are 3.75 mm totaling 0.44 ctw, four diamonds are 4.00 mm totaling 0.48 ctw, and two diamonds are 5.00 mm totaling 0.28 ctw (measured within setting so as to preserve the piece’s integrity, and professionally estimated by formula per the specific gravity of diamonds)
- Center Stone Shape: Marquise Cut
- Center Stone Color: I (an extremely subtle hint of warmth compared to D-H color diamonds)
- Center Stone Clarity: VS2-SI1 (All clean to the eye and under 10x magnification)
A timeless addition designed to enhance a classic solitaire engagement ring, this ring jacket dates to the latter half of the 20th century, but is as stylish today as the day it was first made. The ring’s simplicity renders it a staple piece for any collection, and is equally chic when worn solo and when adorning a solitaire. The ring boasts loads of sparkle with vibrant, bright white marquise diamonds arranged in opposing graduated chevrons, the largest marquise diamonds at the very center on top and bottom. This elegant tapering effect offers fiery views from every angle, and wraps the finger in an abundance of brilliant rainbows.
This piece appears to have been created as a custom wedding band or anniversary upgrade, with a central opening that allows it to be worn as a frame to a simple solitaire diamond or gemstone ring, or even paired with more elaborate styles, such as Deco and Mid Century rings and east-west oriented rings. On the other hand, this piece could certainly be styled alone, its angular and architectural appearance creating an incredibly upscale silhouette by baring skin in between each diamond point. With eighteen impressive diamonds weighing in at 1.58 carats in a very nice heft of white gold, this ring is a showstopping jewelry essential.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.