- US Size: 6.00
- Total Carat Weight: 0.34 ctw
- Precious Metal Weight: Just over 1.00 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: 14k white gold face backed in yellow gold with 10k buttery yellow gold band
- Dimensions: 12.1 x 8.8 mm ring face, ~4.0 mm rise from the finger, shank is a delicate 1.0 mm width.
- Weight: About 1.56 grams
- Markings: None
- Era: Diamond face was a stick pin, originally crafted by hand c. 1870-1900; gold band was added during conversion and is contemporary.
- Buyer Notes: Every diamond was cut, faceted and polished by hand up to 150 years ago, and together show the asymmetry and hefty faceting that is so desirable for such antique stones. To the naked eye, these stones appear as a fiery cluster, and are set within the white gold face with tiny bead prongs. The ring may be worn either direction, one way appearing like a blooming lotus flower, and the other appearing like a winged bee. The band of the ring is ever so slightly out of round, which is a standard and very quick fix by your local jeweler, but does not at all affect comfort, wearability or appearance as-is. This ring is perfect for engagement or statement wear.
- Center Stone Type: Natural Diamond
- Center Stone Count: Fifteen (15)
- Center Stone Dimension: Stones range from 1.1 to 2.4 mm
- Center Stone Shape: Old Mine Cuts (used until approx. 1890/1900 when Old European Cuts replaced them)
- Center Stone Carat Weight: Approx. 0.34 ctw (individually: 0.023 ct, 0.018 ct, 0.016 ct, 0.018 ct, 0.021 ct, 0.047 ct, 0.025 ct, 0.021 ct, 0.030 ct, 0.022 ct, 0.016 ct, 0.018 ct, 0.035 ct, 0.021 ct, 0.013 ct)
- Center Stone Color Grade: Estimated H-I
- Center Stone Clarity Grade: Estimated VS2-SI2 (some carbon flecks on a few diamonds are visible under 60-90x magnification, though no inclusions are visible to the naked eye due to the stones’ dainty sizes and settings)
A one of a kind piece, this diamond encrusted ring was custom made from a late Victorian stick pin. The head of the stick pin is now the focal point of the ring, and boasts fifteen small Old Mine Cut diamonds, each one originally faceted and polished by the hand of an artisan. As such, each diamond shows its own unique shape and characteristics, yet all fifteen beautifully sparkle in pavé perfection. The diamonds are set within a 14k white gold modeled lotus flower form, which is backed in yellow gold. To complement the yellow gold backing, a delicate 1.1 mm 10k yellow gold rounded shank has been added for comfortable wear.
Being that the original diamond stick pin hails from the end of the Victorian era, it is no surprise that it is infused with the symbolism that the Victorians dearly loved. As world travel opened up to the growing middle class around the 1870s/1890s, designs from Egypt and the Middle East were seen and appreciated during travel. Eventually, such designs were popularized, reproduced and incorporated in the decorative and building arts across Europe and America-- including elements such as the lotus plant. In ancient Egypt, the lotus represented creation and rebirth, as it grows in muddy silt and blooms a silky, bright flower. Along with papyrus reeds, lotus buds symbolized the unification of two parts, and have thus become celebrated within engagement rings.
What makes this ring even more special is that, when flipped and worn the other direction, the diamond form recalls a bee silhouette, a shape that was also beloved during the late 19th century with the rise of Etruscan Revival styles. Bees are believed to symbolize individual strength in tandem with community prosperity; they allude to personal perseverance just as much as the blossoming of partnership.
The overall effect of this unique piece is graceful, its sparkly design a nod to the luxe of historic jewelry, while also looking forward to the future of minimalist preference. The face of the ring is just raised enough over the band that it stacks perfectly with other bands of nearly any width and kind of metal. This ring would make an incredible engagement ring just as much as a whimsical statement piece.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
- A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
- The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If delinquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
- In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulent activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
Request a layaway plan via email here. Remember to specify your desired item by providing its link, title or SKU/code.