- Total Carat Weight: 080 ctw, inclusive of all stones in whole demi-parure
- Precious Metal Weight: 5.15 dwt
- Precious Metal Material: Palladium
- Weight: A very impressive 8.01 grams
- Markings: PALLADIUM (ring only; earrings unmarked)
- Era: c. 1940-1950
- Buyer Notes: All three pieces were sold to the shop as a set, and as palladium, though their exact individual palladium compositions is not known (there are quite a few varying palladium metal compositions for fine jewelry, all of which fall under the umbrella of the ‘palladium’ title. The emeralds of the earrings appear to be a bit clearer than that of the ring, as the emerald in the ring shows more visible internal striations (pictured) which are naturally-occurring as a product of organic origins. Yet, all three emeralds show some kind of natural inclusion upon 30x or higher magnification. Please note that it is possible that a striation may, in fact, be a natural internal fissure, which can verified by your jeweler. The craftsmanship of the earrings is sharper than that of the ring, which by comparison, seems a bit less sophisticated. As mentioned in the description text, it could be that the three items were originally not a suite, but we do know that they were inherited as such. Therefore, we are likewise selling them as a demi-parure in the spirit of preservation and to celebrate the rarity of antique jewelry suites. For these qualities and characteristics, this set is both very beloved, proudly unique and accordingly priced.
- US Size: 7.00
- Ring Total Carat Weight: Approx. 0.41 ctw (emerald + diamonds)
- Ring Precious Metal Weight: 2.04 dwt
- Ring Precious Metal Material: Sold to the shop as Palladium
- Ring Weight: 3.18 grams
- Ring Center Stone Type: Emerald
- Ring Center Stone Count: One (1)
- Ring Center Stone Carat Weight: Approx. 0.17 ct
- Ring Center Stone Dimensions: Approx. 3.5 x 3.6 x 2.0 mm
- Ring Center Stone Shape: Square Emerald Cut
- Ring Center Stone Color: Medium clear green with blueish-green undertones
- Ring Center Stone Clarity: Translucent; inclusions visible under 30x or higher magnification
Ring Side Stone Type: Diamond
- Ring Side Stone Count: Sixteen (16)
- Ring Side Stone Carat Weight: Approx. 0.005 ct to 0.015 ct ea.; 0.16 ctw
- Ring Side Stone Dimensions: 1.0-1.5 mm on average
- Ring Side Stone Shape: Antique Single Cut
- Ring Side Stone Color: G-H
- Ring Stone Clarity: VS2-SI1
- Earrings Total Carat Weight: 0.47 ctw (emeralds + diamonds)
- Earrings Precious Metal Weight: 3.11 (dwt together)
- Earrings Precious Metal Material: Sold to the shop as Palladium
- Earrings Weight: 4.83 grams (as a pair)
- Dimensions: 38.2 mm overall length; 9.6 mm overall width; 4.3 mm profile depth; 22.0 mm approx. drop from lobe
- Earrings Center Stone Type: Emerald
- Earrings Center Stone Count: Two (2)
- Earrings Center Stone Carat Weight: 0.16 ct & 0.15 ct; 0.31 ctw
- Earrings Center Stone Dimensions: Approx. 3.3 x 3.7 x 2.0 mm & 3.0 x 3.6 x 2.0 mm
- Earrings Center Stone Shape: Square Emerald Cut
- Earrings Center Stone Color: Medium clear green with blueish-green undertones
- Earrings Center Stone Clarity: Translucent; inclusions visible under 30x or higher magnification
- Earrings Side Stone Type: Diamond
- Earrings Side Stone Count: Thirty-Two (32) total; Sixteen (16) per earring
- Earrings Side Stone Carat Weight: Approx. 0.005 ea.; 0.08 ctw per earring; 0.16 ctw together
- Earrings Side Stone Dimensions: 1.0 mm on average
- Earrings Side Stone Shape: Antique Single Cut
- Earrings Side Stone Color: G-H
- Earrings Stone Clarity: VS2-SI1
A very rare find, this vintage jewelry demi-parure consists of a pair of earrings and a ring, all modeled in palladium and encrusted with antique diamonds and Colombian emeralds. This trio dates to the WWII-era of the 1940s when palladium was manufactured as a platinum alternative, as platinum was reserved solely for wartime efforts. They bear the iconic silhouettes of the post-Art Deco and pre-Mid Century era, when confident geometries were artfully paired with sensual curvatures. In full, the pieces’ designs allude to nature’s mix of the ‘hard’ and the ‘soft’, yet speak to the forthcoming structured clean lines of the 1950s through the 1970s.
The ring appears to, perhaps, be made of palladium-white gold or palladium-platinum, and seems to have been crafted primarily by hand, as its forms evidence ever so slight variances between ‘symmetrical’ components, right angles and linework. It shows these origins more clearly than the earrings, as the head of the ring is not snapped to flawless right angles or immaculate edge-work. Rather, there are charming imperfections throughout the ring that glorify its artisan make. The face of the ring centers a translucent square emerald cut Colombian emerald gemstone mounted in a square bezel. Flanking this emerald are two ‘wings’ made up of four paisley shapes each, each paisley is set with a single antique cut diamond. Likewise, a row of diamonds line the north and south borders of the emerald. The most delicate milgrain trims the perimeter of the ring face, and traces the paisley wings in tandem. The undercarriage of the ring face is elegantly domed, with thick reticulations forming a swirled design on either side of the band, while the shoulders connect the face of the ring to the shank in dramatic, sweeping fashion.
On the other hand, the earrings appear to be made of palladium-silver, and are a bit more refined in their execution than the ring, with cleaner linework and crisper edges. They are dangle-style drop earrings, with hinged latchback closures. Masking the posts on the fronts of the earrings are wisping ribbon motifs, which extend on each earring into an alternating series of illusion-pronged and bezeled set diamond links. Both earrings boast impressive square components at the base of their drops, both mounted with emerald cut Colombian emeralds that correspond to that of the ring. The earrings’ emeralds are set in slim bezels, both above a triple of architectural shapes that allude to the theme of dynamism of the late Deco years. Acting as a halo around both emeralds is a square surround that recalls the shape of the emeralds’ cuts. These surrounds are set with seven more antique diamonds, each of which is neighbored by a raised trapezoidal shape made of palladium. These shapes are illusory, and catch the light and sparkle in sync with their diamond counterparts. Just like the ring, a very fine milgrain design emphasizes the perimeter of both earrings.
The shop acquired this trio as a suite, though upon tedious scrutiny, it could be determined that the earrings and the ring may have begun their lives separately, perhaps inherited by a single former wearer and enjoyed as a set ever since. In the spirit of preservation and to celebrate the rarity of historic parures, we have opted to keep the set as one rather than disjoin them as is too often done. The emeralds are an incredibly close match of color and clarity, and the mix of forms between the earrings and ring is seamless. Together, the trio wears with exquisite grace, each gemstone lavishly catching the light in brilliant order. They may also be worn as individual jewels, making them especially attractive in wearability and versatility.
By placing an order, you accept and agree to uphold all of Revival Fine Jewelry's terms, conditions and policies.
General Information: All additional jewelry boxes, ring boxes, and other jewelry items pictured alongside a featured listing are considered props, are for photographic and display purposes only and are not included in the transaction unless otherwise noted. Items do not come with physical documentation, appraisals, or certifications, unless explicitly stated in the item description and/or title. While jewelry is inspected upon procurement by the shop as well as prior to shipment, Revival Fine Jewelry cannot guarantee a warranty once items leave our inventory, given the delicate and individual nature of secondhand articles and the unaccountability of buyer handling post-purchase.
Shipping: All orders are carefully packed within a branded Revival Fine Jewelry gift box, secured with recycled materials when possible, and shipped within a discreet outer shipping parcel. All orders ship with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation. Shipping options are presented at checkout. Per law and inegrity, international orders are always marked as commodity imports and customers are responsible for any and all customs expenses, VAT taxes and import fees, as well as any clearance costs legally dictated by their respective destination countries. These expenses are not calculated into the pricing structure, and returns based on import costs will not be permitted.
Returns: While Revival Fine Jewelry aims to provide a smooth experience from start to finish, customers are encouraged to reach out regarding any issue or dissatisfaction, so that we may work together toward a resolution. If a return is desired, the shop must be notified of an intention to return within 3 days of confirmed delivery, and item(s) must be shipped back to the shop within 7 days of confirmed delivery. All materials (gift box, inserts, cards) must be returned with the item(s). Returns declared after the 3 day window and/or postmarked after 7 days of receipt will neither be accepted nor refunded. Customers are responsible for generating an insured return shipping label (international customers included) and relaying the tracking information to Revival Fine Jewelry. Returns that do not include full insurance and/or tracking, and are damaged or lost in transit, will not be refunded. If a return is accepted, customers will be refunded less the original cost of shipping, handling and insurance, the expense of any damages incurred, and a 10% restocking fee (of the original purchase price). All sale items, items altered or resized by the buyer post-purchase, and all storage/ boxes are considered final sale and are ineligible for a return or refund.
Sale Terms: Sale prices are only valid within the prescribed sale window, unless otherwise stated by Revival Fine Jewelry or agreed upon between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer. To maintain business sustainability and general fairness, individual customers are not entitled to exclusive notification of, or owed access to, store sales antecedently. Orders processed prior to a promotion or sale, items placed on layaway prior to a sale, and payments paid through layaway prior to a sale will not be retroactively adjusted to reflect sale pricing or terms.
Specially Negotiated Deals: Items purchased at specially negotiated discounts, deals or prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer are considered final sale, including rates arranged and agreed upon via Facebook, Instagram, email or any other method. Closing deals at special rates reflects a desire by both parties to reach an expeditious and absolute sale. The intention of specially negotiated discounts, deals or sale prices through any platform between Revival Fine Jewelry and a designated customer, is to eliminate extra expenses and/or use of time and resources to formally list or re-list items per their specific and inherent value-determining qualities, as well as avoid unseen overhead business costs, stocking obligations, and all other disclosed or undisclosed monetary and nonmonetary expenditures.
Pricing: Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to decrease, increase, alter and modify inventory pricing to meet market rarity, demand or value; to offset platform, transaction or seller's fees; to adapt to economic inflation and fluctuation; and to defray specific business expenses. Pricing is the sole discretion of every small business.
Regarding Brooches & Pins: Often significantly and curiously undervalued jewelry items, brooches, pins and stick pins are treasured pieces of history in this shop. Accordingly, their pricing is calculated analogous to other fine jewelry, including their symbolic meaning, rarity and historical prestige. Such pieces are typically converted to other forms of jewelry, and are therefore becoming increasingly rare in their original states. Aside from being perfectly wearable as sophisticated lapel ornaments, brooches and pins of all kinds are prime candidates for many kinds of fine jewelry conversions, including rings, earrings, pendants, and charms, if so desired by the consumer post-purchase. Revival Fine Jewelry does not perform conversion projects for customers.
Regarding Storage & Boxes: All specifications, including but not limited to the measurements, age, origins, and material compositions are supplied in good faith as professional estimations constructed using professional grade tools, years of learned and honed skills, educational resources and academic scholarship, and refined research methods. Regardless of our confidence in our descriptions and the photographs deemed viable extensions of these descriptions, we cannot guarantee the definitiveness, faultlessness, or exactitude beyond our knowledge and expertise. Kindly keep in mind that this and all items are sold as-is vintage, antique and estate secondhand wares, and consequently bear conditional wear in matter and operation commensurate with age and use.
More information on these, and more, topics may be found in the shop policies.
All layaway terms may be found here, and all shop policies may be found here.
Layaway is available for full priced, non-sale items priced $600.00 USD or greater, and items may not be combined to attain price-eligibility. Plans are offered as 3-month/90-day maximum terms.
In exchange for offering interest-free plans, customers agree to abide and uphold the following nonnegotiable terms and conditions:
• A 30% deposit is due upfront to reserve the item for layaway and pull it from public sale on all of our shopping platforms. Shipping expenses are added to this first payment unless otherwise requested.
• The remaining 70% balance is divided up into three subsequent monthly payments due on the same day of the following three months. If deliquent, a $20.00 USD late fee is added per day to an overdue payment until paid.
• In the event that a layaway installment is left unpaid for seven (7) days and no communication is received from the designated customer, the layaway plan will be presumed abandoned. While the item will be returned to public sale, all payments made hitherto are still considered final.
Layaway items are promptly boxed and shipped to the designated customer once the final payment successfully processes. Taxes, import and other legal fees are not calculated into the payments, and are the sole responsibility of the customer, whether a domestic US or international buyer. Revival Fine Jewelry is not responsible for calculating, covering or adding such costs into purchase prices.
All layaway payments as well as all items purchased through layaway plans are considered final sale; neither payments nor items may be refunded, transferred, exchanged or returned. Revival Fine Jewelry does not issue store credit.
Revival Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel any layaway plan at any point for any reason if fraudulant activity is suspected. In this event, the designated customer will be notified prior to the intended cancellation of their plan.
To request a layaway plan, please email us here. Remember to specify your desired item by noting its link, title or code.